• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

jo-gunn v series

S

sanghunter

anybody used or no anyone that has had a V series jo gunn antenna, they say there exellent for dx and talking skip? Is there any advantages with this antenna as they say or would just the regular star antenna they make be just as good for talking long distance?

</p>

jo gunn antennas

A friend of mine had a set of 4's v-series he said they were horrible. Had to put a bunch of power in them to get them to talk. IMO I think JG is the most mis -advertized antenna on the market. Some of their claims are just outragious and their prices are super inflated.

I've known people who had the 4V and the 2V. Both worked very well for them for skip, they aren't intended to do groundwave DX.

They are extraordinarily well built antennas, and they are extraordinarily expensive, too.

I've never quite understood why they use such bogus marketing ploys, like the ludicrous gain figures, and the whole "audio gain" :x thing. They should market them on their very real good points, they don't need the deception. This probably costs them in sales rather than helps them, because they are a joke to many.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.