• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Junk even commands high prices.

I saw that and posted it in another thread. I heard the Scanner was the reason they bid it up so high, because its just like one from Smokey and the Bandit. Personally I think its crap, any other week that Scanner in that condition would be $50-$100 tops, but someone also has a Pace 10-4U, Smokey and the Bandit special edition for sale for $500 new in box.
I have the Dukes of Hazard antenna, 2 of them actually and guess what, they both suck, and I dont see them going for $300, although I saw one once for buy it now price of $80 advertised as Dukes of Hazard

Worthless scrap, all of it. I wouldn't offer more than $20.00 for all of it. Good for parts units for repair projects.

Why do people think this debris has any value?

I see piles of this crap at local ham fleamarkets. The radios go for from $5.00 each to $10. tops. The scanner is worthless. Who wants a crystal scanner when crystals are $30. each?

Garbage.

Makes me want to clean out my boxes of non-functioning amateur and CB radios collected over the past thirty-years and slap them on eBay. It's amazing what some people will buy.

The price would have to include the washer/dryer combo it's sitting on also......even then, no thanks.
Looks like it's a battle between Mr 329 feedbacks and Mr 1704 feedbacks....who will be the proud owner???????
This is just a practical joke of some sort like the auction for a vacuum packed hot dog, with original receipt, bought at the 2003 Superbowl. That dog sold for over $1000.

Last edited:
I can't even begin to think of who would want that scrap. I guess some people like to get drunk, and troll ebay.

My kind of customer!!! ;)
[...] It might be his first encounter with a non paying bidder.
That would be my only fear. That he sobers up and realizes what he's bid on. :sad:

Some dudes on a duck hunting forum I frequent were speculating that some ebay sellers might have multiple accts and were running the price up on some duck calls - even noticed a few non-paying bidders, and the same calls listed at a lower starting price with the same bidders from the original auction, etc. on new auctions. Be careful.

Yes, it happens.

I can usually spot shill bidding. When I first started using eBay, I would get pissed off and initiate a bid war. I usually won, but a few minutes later I'd be thinking how stupid I was.

Now, I try to justify how bad I want/need the item then enter the maximum price I am willing to pay using my sniping program.

Every once in a while I will have a relapse and bid stupidly, but guess what? I won the damn thing... and it's mine.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.