• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just finished building my new radio desk.

Wow. I got to say that is one sweet set-up....I do not know how you work the crazy hours that you do and still find time to put together a first class set-up like that...Kudos!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. It's quite simple really. I work two days and then two nights of 12 hour shifts. I walk around in a daze my first day off as I don't bother to sleep. I do nothing the second day off because I am still too drug out from not sleeping the day before. On the third day I work like hell to get the honey do list done and then do my stuff. On my last day off I do sweet frig all because I have to go back to work the next day. See? It's simple. (y)

Actually now you know why it does take me so long to get something done. :censored:

I love it. Im just concerned with that nice big piece of conductive metal you are resting all your electronic devices on. could be a shocking experience. especially with the old timers on the top shelf

That's why both the desktop and the shelf above it are grounded to the main station ground along with all the gear. (y) I used self tapping stainless screws and copper braid to connect EVERYTHING to the station ground which in turn is connected to the main AC ground.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.