• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood Ts-690SAT!

211 in tha mag

Apr 11, 2005
OK, i have one of these radio and i love this rig! The only thing is, it is doing 40 watts on my DRAKE W-4 on SSB! OK HERE IS THE QUESTION? I want to have it turned up, but i dont know what to turn! Also, should i send it off and let a Professional do it, or is this radio easy enough for me to go in and turn! I dont know much about the ham rigs, and dont want to screw it up, thats why i ask you, if i can do it and what to do, and if not who is the best tech on Kenwood radios? I would like to do it myself so i dont have to waste money on haveing it down, but if it is going to be a more then a CB, then i guess i have to! Thanks for answering this dumb question, i just want to be safe then sorry!

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

The 690 is alot like the 850 in that you dont want to mess with it. the internet will give you all the info you need. find the operator and service manual for this rig and down load it. there is only one pot to raise the power out on all modes but it takes a very small screwdriver and dont excede the the factory settings. dont let anyone mess with your rig with out a manual, its not a cb. you dont want an expensive door stop. read the book and your rig will last forever. mikw

</p>

Well, when it comes t oa cb radio, i can rework it and feal fine, but i dont trust myself or even want to attempt to mess with a Ham rig!

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.