• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KLV 1000 Tuber

High Miler

May 30, 2005
Pennsylvania
Ok, Reading mixed reviews on the KLV line and people not convinced an X-Force Class C amp is the way to go... I decided to order the KLV 1000 and was wondering who has had experience with them.

I think that most will agree that a Tube linear has a "Warmer" glow if you call it as far as audio goes, and nothing sounds quite like them.

The power I needed is within' the range of the KLV 1000 and I guess in the next week or two I will know how I like it as it is ordered, just waiting on the mailman now.

Alot of people seem too dis-like the X Force because of "Splatter" and RFI so I will give this one a try...

Hopefully tubes will be availiable for years to come! :)

I honestly cannot speak of the KLV line of amps but the one thing I can say is that I think tubes are the way to go when running any type of base amp.Tubes definately have a softer sound to them,not that harsh sound that solid state amps have.That opinion has nothing to do with amplifier class BTW.A class AB tube amp will still sound better than a class AB solidstate amp,albeit a slight differance,if neither is overdriven.

how much did you spend on a klv 1000. i ran one and will never run one again. portly built units. i was lucky to see 600 watts am outta mine.

Paid $680.00 plus Shipping... The X Force wasn't going to do much better than 500 Watts and that one was 699.00 ... From what I understand the X Force is alot "Sloppier" on the band with splatter than this will be...

Dunno but I hope it works ok... Hate too spend money on junk! :x

Let us know how it works High Miler. The ones I seen poorly built but they are based on a decent design.

Definately will NorthStar... I am hoping I get one of the better ones...

A quick question... Do I have to have this converted or anything, or will it be ready to go for 11 meters??

Thanks... Linears are a new thing to me... Didn't know if I needed to Mod it in some way.

i can tell you that the 1000p i had was a really nice amp. with my kenwood ts-140s driving it i got well over 300 watts on the low setting with 40 watts in on am. i'm not sure it would reach the full rated out put but the audio from it was good and clean. i think you will be very happy with yours. in my opinion they are very well built. very heavy. just make sure you tune it right and you will have a long lasting amp.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.