• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lincoln Radio

W

WATER BOY 22

I was thinking of getting A Lincoln To replace my Galaxy 99V. Do they recive better?? Can they have the audio of the galaxy? if so What mods. must i get? I need input. I am putting this with and 8 pill Thanks Bill ( hope there some Left)

</p>

I seen you were also on the copper forum. I hope I answered your question there. It should run an eight pill really well, but becarefull cause the LIncoln might over drive it. The Lincolns have I believe it was an mrf455 final in it. As far as recieve, to be honest mine is a bit weak. When I say weak I mean when it is actually quiet, it is hard to pull those really really week stations out. It seems like it needs more gain. I am going to put a new rf amp in mine. I did it to my president hr2510 and works just fine. If I were in your shoes, I'd get the new diodes and RF amp, then turn down the power in the lincoln enough so that you can turn it full bore and get the max out of your amp without overdriving it. Then you can just use the radio as variable power.

Just my opinion.

</p>

The Lincoln I got from Bill's 2 way works great. The receive on this one is very good, so it may very from radio to radio?

I was told by Bill and shop near me that's pretty good, not to mod the am too much. Apparently, they loose on the ssb when you do. I've heard mine, using my 6pill and 2pill and the am is very strong when it's powered. Pretty good barefooted.

I like good clean sounds, so I'm not partial to the Galaxy and Ranger loud. Too many guys get them to point they sound distorted. With that lincoln and that 8 pill those radio's aren't going to walk over you, and everyone else is going to understand you very clearly.

Galaxy's sound real good as well when set up right, it's just most that I've heard aren't. Too many around me just like to clip the mod, crank em' up and bleed over 10 channels either direction. My Lincoln's set up with the RF power to dk 1w swinging 12 to 10dk swinging about 50 so it drives pretty good.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.