• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linked repeaters and mutiple receivers

2M Guy

Jan 31, 2006
There's a linked repeater in St. Joseph/Benton Harbor MI. Stations come in from Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Traverse City. How does that work? Hard lines, RF, something else?

The CFMC repeater in Chicago has multiple receive sites. Heard some conversation/speculation on how that works. Do the RX sites send signals by UHF or phone lines? Or some other way?

Both are great, hit me full scale.

Thanks for the good link. I have to say, the 14$ I spent to get my ticket was very well spent. Lots of people are doing things to make this hobby have alot of depth.

Yeah...the options of what you can keep playing with seem endless, and you still don't have to give up CB if you don't want to. Unless you hang out on QRZ, that is :roll:

You're probably using the W8HVG repeater system. www.w8hvg.org has a good description of the equipment involved in the linked system.

I used to be able to get on via the Mt. Pleasant system, but it's been quite a while since I've been able to access through there...

We have a fairly large Linked Network on 70CM here in Southern Ohio 14 sites. With 2 meter remote bases, 6 meters and 220 repeaters as well cover 30+ counties

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.