• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

little wilson, need suggestion

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
A 102" whip on the rear bumper would work pretty good and be cheap, too. The Lil' Wil is just not the greatest performing antenna.

Moleculo

</p>

His roof is fiberglass, so it's going to be hard to mount it in the center of the vehicle and get a good groundplane without some hassle. I have this same problem on my Jeep. Rear bumper or off the body somewhere is about all you can do. My antenna is off the right rear of the vehicle. It's a little directional, but it's not all that bad.

Moleculo

</p>

Hello,

i have a Range Rover classical. Due to my roof is not made by steel or iron. So i cant mount my MAG little wilson on it. that's why i mag it on the engine cover.

quiz here: i found the performance of this installation or maybe just the antenna is not so good. i only can reach 25-30 KM, receiving either.

so now i really wanna to improve it.

Any suggestion? Could I install a trunk lip mount whip? or installing a bumper cap mount whip?

thanx advanced

</p>

On your question of "do you get dx?"....yes, all the time.

I chose the right rear on my jeep for a lot of the reasons Doc said. I didn't want it on the side because I off-road in brushy areas and was concerned about it catching something and ripping a hole in the body. I put also put it on the right rear instead of the left rear because I wanted to be able to look over my shoulder and see if it was going to snag on something overhead.

I could've just as easily put a mag mount on the hood. I didn't do it that way because I didn't want to look like a unicorn.

Anyway, back to your original quesiton...the 102" whip on a spring will work great and will be a lot cheaper than anything else.

Moleculo

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.