• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for an HT Antenna for the Alinco DR-235T?

Snake_Eyes

Oct 16, 2005
I just got this, and I need to find an antenna for it. I am going to use an HT antenna if I can get a good one. Can anyone recommend a good HT antenna?

Thanks.

Snake Eyes

The Diamond is a little too pricey for my application, which is for 220 mhz only. How about the Smiley Antennas I'm reading about? Anyone use any of them? If so, which one(s)?

Snake Eyes

hey there

for my HT's i use Diamond,Comet and Maldol

i use the maldol dual bander and diamond dual bander with exellent results

i use maldol tri bander for 6 , 2 meters and 70 cm exellent
use Diamond tri band 1.25 and 2 meter with 70 cm exellent

perhaps need spend a little for best results..
myself have spent at least $300 for various HT antennas

but i regularly talk 75 to 80 miles into 2 different repeaters from NJ to way out on long island from the street..and is with simply 5 watts......

antennas make a big big difference....Period

Later

King Cobra,

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I will definitely be looking at spending some more cash to get into those out of the way repeaters, or simply put, those repeaters that are far away from me, i.e. 30 miles.

I use the FT-817nd and the supplied rubber duck, that talks on 6m, 2m, and 70 cm. I can easily upgrade that. But as far as antennas go, couldn't anyone use an ht antenna above 30 mhz, on their mobile/base setup?

Seems to me they could.

Snake Eyes

something so insignifigant as a ht antenna which are not very eficient anyway, i have found that it pays to spend a little $$. most manufacturers send their units out with the bare minimum to make the unit work. i use diamond srh 77ca on dual banders. the factory ants. can't even pick up the nat. weather service at work let alone get into a repeater 25 miles away. i tried the cheap thing (mfj copies) i got what i paid for. it was better than the facory ant. but still deaf as compared to the diamond. just look at what all the ARES/RACES guys are using for ants. since they have to have dependable comms. BTW smileys are good ants.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.