• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LOOP

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
I put up my loop<finally>, that I got from hy power ant company for 11 meters. It is directional, but wow..it receives and transmits great, swr 1 to 1, and signal reports of 20 plus into east coast on 11 meters, and that is running legal limit<plus 50 watts>.

Keeping this antenna up at 25 feet is doing the job.

DOCTOR/795

At the moment I have it vertically, and will try to get a pic of it later. Example yesterday
on the chnl 38 I made a number of contacts running 35 watts ssb<band was open>, on uppers on VOA channel I made over 20 contacts and some were over 3 or 5 minutes. On triple nickel frequency I called for DX and worked Venezuela with no problem, when the band is dead 60 miles to 70 or more is the average with 5/5 on ssb., and that is average power..

DOCTOR/795

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.