• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maco 5/8 VS. I-Maxx

i wish i had a £££ for every imax 2000 that has snapped in the wind with our great uk weather, imax is ideal as a portable antenna but near useless as a permanent base antenna if you get anything like strong winds

Hello Bob85:

I was stationed in your great country for a year back in the early 90's. I thought we had some bad news wind in the Mojave Desert of Southern California.

Well we could take lessons from you guys in the UK, having some bad news wind and weather.

We had a commercial set of 440 MHz folded dipole antennas on a mast that was guy wired with 1/4 inch stainless steel wire. I asked the guys there why such a nut cake bullet proff antenna installation?!??!!? They said "you'll see mate" ...more ?!??!?!?!

We one day after getting there a wind came up and was blowing cars off the freeway!.....TILT!!!!!!!!!!! Ok I see!

Thats why I didn't see a lot of communciations there.

Jay in the Mojave

http://www.a1antennas.com

bob85 said:
i wish i had a £££ for every imax 2000 that has snapped in the wind with our great uk weather, imax is ideal as a portable antenna but near useless as a permanent base antenna if you get anything like strong winds

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.