• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 257 ?

T

Trail boss 1

I agreed to hook up a fellow drivers radio. It was a gift from his neighbor {retired}

I hooked it up and all it got was 28 to 29.690 mhz

His neighbor said that it was modified for 11 meters.

I dropped it off at the local tech he said that that it was already modified for 11 meters.

I plugged it back in and tried everything i could with all the controls. still all I could get was 28 to 29.690

Am I going crazy, or is there something I am overlooking?

I don't want to open the guys radio up since the tech said that it had already meen modified, and he can accept all the liabilities since he charged 65 bucks for doing nothing.

I would have done the simple mod myself, but it's not my radio

I am not familiar with these radio's.

Thanks

CDX 864/ northern Ca.

</p>

try pushing in the "function" button and then hold the "call" button for about three seconds. if it's one of the older 257's that should take you to the 11 meter freqs. this will have to be done most likely everytime the radio is turned on.

in the newer ones all you have to do is tap the "call" button to change bands.

let us know what you find.

-----------

27.365 LSB

27.385 LSB

2TX949

WV949

YG949

</p>

Try this page:

www.garlic.com/bills2way/...7_mod.html

The radio will always default back to 10 meter when turned off.

skeetermansig.gif

</p>

You guys are awesome!

I will check it out tonight and see what gives.

Thank you.

CDX 864/ northern Ca.

</p>

Re: magnum

try pushing in the "function" button and then hold the "call" button for about three seconds.

That's the ticket Jake!

The tech is going to refund the money. he wasn't there and his bookeeper was "trying to keep the doors open"

Thanks again for the feedback guys..

CDX 864/ northern Ca.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users