• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 257HP with RFX

jasonmc

Feb 13, 2012
Hi,

Would anybody be able to explain to me why the RFX75 (I guess) reduces it's power output when you have a better antenna match? I get a deadkey around 17 when my match is 1:1.2 but when I get it to the lowest I can, my deadkey goes down to 2 watts if I set the radio the highest power I can.

is it supposed to be some kinda feature where the power output means the same when lower when you have a better matching antenna? I don't like it :/

what is supposed to be the maximum deadkey power the RFX75 can do? I played around with my radio's tuning and it was 17 watts most, but I can get it to around 25watts.

If you play around with SWR numbers alittle any radio will show different wattage readings. If the radio is not properly aligned you will see different numbers on channel 1 and 40 as well.

That said cbtricks does not show full alignment specs on the HP version. The blue face mosfet version says the AM carrier range is 3 watts on low and 7 all the way up. I would keep the max carrier on the HP model at 15 watts or the RFX unit will get very hot.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.