• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 3200 Base Station

High Miler

May 30, 2005
Pennsylvania
Ok... I havn't seen a post anywhere on these... I was just wondering if anyone had one or had the scoop on them...

I was looking at them today in the h&y Book... But that is the first I have seen of them.

I have no personal experience with them. I have heard from Bad to good on them. They are a low end export base with minimal features.

I seen that the price wasn't very high on them... And that the output power was minimal.

I am trying to find a good Export Base Radio that will work well with the KLV 1000 if I ever get it working again...

I am probably leaning toward the RCI Ranger 2980...

I think we'll pass... I thought maybe with as good as the Mag S-9 has been that a base station would have followed in it's footsteps... But I guess not at this time anyway.

it depens on the revesion. the first ones (made within the last 2 years) were unstable at frequencys. somewhat prone to problems (cold solder joints) and had alot of power supply failures if not turned off properly. the new revisions (mid 2004 to current) most of these problems were adressed. i relate this radio to a galaxy dx 11b and melaka. minimal options, no freq counter, limited mods, low power. they are as cheap as a cb base station (none of witch are a good value compaed to the lowest of export bases) and are basically what you need to talk. am/fm/ssb. if you are looking at buying one i would suggest one used, you might want some more options in the future so why waist your money.

Nope... Tnx Carl... I already read enough reviews... The book I had didn't have much info, What it didn't have you guys opened the doors on..

We'll leave that one on the shelf!

f

Buy an s6 or s9 and use a 7 or 10a power supply to run it in the house. I always liked using mobiles as base stations.

Just my opinion, LoneWolf TN

My Ranger 2980 is being built by RR in Va... Complete with Nitro switch so I can use it full out or put it on a Linear.. All at the flip of a switch...

Talk about a handy pre-set...

After this one I am done with radios for a while... I don't have anymore room on the benches.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.