• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum Deltaforce Power Output

HOW DO CONTCT MAGNUM?
For the most part Magnum and RF Limited are done, the owner passed away back in 2015. His son tried hard to keep things going by reviving the Palomar nameplate but Covid really killed that effort. Replacement parts for any of their radio's are very limited. There is no actual Magnum service center now.

So here are some repair options.

At this point if you have a good tech that you trust and he/she has worked on Magnum radio's before you would be fine having them work on it. The reason I say this is two years ago I shipped 2 Omegaforce radio's to Superior CB. They did good work but from Indiana it was $74 shipping one way. OUCH

I have also a Magnum delta force ten metre mobile transceiver which is low on power output
SSB is 5 watts
AM is 5 watts
FM is 10 watts?

This telling me that one of the final stage power transistors is blown (it was this way when I purchased the unit)
But my query is; there are threw transistors into the rear heat sink. Two of them are the same part number (Mitsubishi C1969 995F CH) and these two are positioned juxtaposed. One transistor is of another part number which I don't know off hand?
Q: do these 3 transistors operate interactive with each other, or is it the two juxtaposed transistors which are the SSB Finals which are independent from the other one?

Yes. The 2sc2166 transistor is a driver transistor and the 2 × 2sc1969 are final transistors.
Mitsubishi no longer makes these.
Replacements can be found at:

Replace them as a pair.

Jeff

I would not assume you have a bad final, these radio's are getting up in age. Might just need a good cleaning of all controls and re-check the alignment. Some times the VR pots can go bad as well. After that might be time for a re-cap. The old 1969 finals are very robust compared to new mosfets, it would take a real problem to smoke them. Once you did you would have little to no output.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.