• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Marconi's results so far with Eznec and my I-10K vs. Penetrator 500

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
Here I posted my models for the I-10K and the Penetrator 500, both with a matcher included in the model. The Penentrator is my idea of the New Super Penetrator 500, with the ground on the right of the matcher and the radiator set at 22' feet tall.

The Penetrator is not yet reliable because I still don't have the correct dimensions for the beta matcher. However I think I'm close, but I may find out this beta matcher will not respond like the trombone matcher on my I-10K.

I added a few notes for dimensions and made a recap. I did two models for each antenna, one without a matcher, and another with my idea for the physical beta matcher added to the model. You will notice that both models with matchers seems to produce a combination of vertical and horizontal polarity signals...the green part of the patterns. If this really happens with these two, then the results may be considered desirable even though the gain does not look as good as some other antennas in the same category.

Again however, there is a possibility that this idea, of adding the physical wires for the beta match to these models, does not produce dependable results.

View attachment I-10K vs. Penetrator 500.pdf

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.