• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mast Material

OK fine. The T-10 is going within a foot of the top so that is not really an issue. What model are the Gulfalpha antennas and how long is the crossboom? Also what model is the vert. tribander and what bands does it cover?

the gulfalpha's are 8l vert and horz. each 2mtr. 12' boom (2.4sq) the 70cm. is the same but 8ft boom (1.5sq.). they will be on an "oscar" boom at least 6ft above the T 10 and then a GP-15 4ft. above them. well talking with a few others around here they just use galvanized pipe with reinforcing of a smaller pipe (inside) about i foot above the bottom ant.:unsure: Still cheaper than chromemoly & since shipping is almost as much as the mast.

Wow this died pretty quick, I'm going to get the chrome moly why go cheap now! Actually i just wanna be able to sleep at night when the winds a howlin
change again going to stick with the DOM 1/4" wall 1/2 the cost of the cro-moly almost as strong and a lot less wieght, i'll put the savings into hardline for the 70cm ant.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.