• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Measure swr with amp and filter

I think part of my problem is too many braided copper bonds on 1 bolt / screw.

have you ever seen a way to merge multiple bonding straps? Perhaps there’s something like an alligator mouth that can Be crimped onto one and “bite” into the next?

Or just go hunting for more available points

Hmmm...I don’t have all the bond points come to one spot. Just my radio and amp are grounded on a seat bolt. So thats just two. I have doors, hood, hatch to body. Body to frame, exhaust to frame(2 spots), engine to body....think that’s it.

In case anyone needed some closure. I fixed the double bonding on 1 post and upgraded my straps to 1/2” tinned copper with 5/8” tinned connectors. Also used the “star bite” washers.

So now my setup is each of the mounting bracket bolts has tinned braid to tailgate.

Tail gate is bonded to tub.
Tub is bonded to frame in 2 spots.

im at 1.5 across the board. Before and after the filter. About as good as it’s gonna get.

Now I’m on The hunt for anyone willing to chat

thanks again.

In case anyone needed some closure. I fixed the double bonding on 1 post and upgraded my straps to 1/2” tinned copper with 5/8” tinned connectors. Also used the “star bite” washers.

So now my setup is each of the mounting bracket bolts has tinned braid to tailgate.

Tail gate is bonded to tub.
Tub is bonded to frame in 2 spots.

im at 1.5 across the board. Before and after the filter. About as good as it’s gonna get.

Now I’m on The hunt for anyone willing to chat

thanks again.

Pleased for you!

Did you get the exhaust system? Before and after muffler plus one near tailpipe. (It’s one big horizontal antenna).

Scrape/grind off some surface rust or junk. Attach your flat braid with a hose clamp and the other end to body/frame. Should be done before cat, after cat and near tail pipe.

So the part at the exhaust hose clamp is just “loose”, essentially sandwiched via the clamp?

dxChat
Help Users