• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

medium waves match antenna-transmitter 50ohm system

tzitzikas

Jan 2, 2009
i have an 500w medium waves transmitter (output 50ohm) at 1431khz. i have the components and i have decide to construct this http://www.tzitzikas.webs.com/match.JPG match system. it is ok? i must connect the power/swr meter before this system (between transmitter and match system) or after this system (between match system and antenna)? my antenna is an inverted L 5l/16 antenna.
do you have to propose any better system? thank you

1431 KHZ you want vertical polarization for local coverage. Try using a vertical T or Marconi antenna. All the radiation is in the vertical portion where it does the most good. Inverted Ls work best for your situation when the horizontal portion doesn't radiate. When the L is changed to a T that happens.

Elevated resonant radials will make a huge difference. You can get away with 4 as opposed to several dozen needed if they are on the ground. The radials can be loaded if you do not have the room. No radials, no signal. They are important.

Coax out to feedpoint. Tuning unit right at feedpoint. The network will depend on the lengths of wire you put up. No one can tell you the answer until you tell them the wire lengths. When you do someone will have to model it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.