• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Meter Bulb, Cobra 148 GTL

Mudduck

Oct 21, 2006
Hi all, this is my first post in this forum so go easy on me as I`m still learning.
I have a Cobra 148GTL and the signal meter bulb has had enough and died.
I`ve tryed to put a Blue LED bulb in its place. Without a resistor attached to the LED it works fine , but only for about a whole of 5 minutes then it blows. With a 1.5K resistor attached it works fine but the dimmer switch doesn`t make a difference.
Does anyone hear know of a way I can get this Blue LED to work on the dimmer switch and also not blow up.
The LED I am using is a 8000mcd Super BLUE LED.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I`ve got my Blue LED to work for my signal meter. Just had to play around with resistors for a while.
Dimmer switch works but doesn`t dim alot, but thats fine with me.

Mudduck said:
I`ve got my Blue LED to work for my signal meter. Just had to play around with resistors for a while.
Dimmer switch works but doesn`t dim alot, but thats fine with me.

Which resistor did you end up with? I have to put a bulb in a 29ltd.

For ~ 13.8 volts, I use 470 ohm 1/2 watt resistors on the + side of the blue leds. If you look at the led, you will see a "skinny" side and a "wide" side. The skinny side is the +....while you have the old bulb out, check for + and - on the wires. Bulbs don't have a polarity, but leds do.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.