• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Meters

P

Peddler 356

Here is an opportunity to express your ideas on a not so well know meter in the CB world besides a BIRD 43.

The meter in question is:

PALSTAR WM150 palstar.com/wm150.htm

Any constructive comments are welcome.

The Peddler...

Website

license_cdx356.jpg
</p>

Hello Jim,

I have one of these, The Palstar WM150 base model, I like cross needle meters because I can watch both forward and reflected power at the same time as I tune My antenna tuner. I feel it is better because you can see what is happing with both...your swr is not going down because your output is going down, because of a bad match kind of thing. I feel it gives you a better picture of things in that case.

Power readings are easy and it reacts fast on the "Peak" mode. If I had it to do over again, I would get the one with the remote cable, so It is easier to set up with the stiff jumpers I am using(it is 1318-FX, but it still is not THAT flexible)and sit well on top of the tuner.

Another thing, you can get a better price than is listed on the Palstar website, there is a guy selling them cheaper(with factory warranty) on E-Bay.

There are some reviews on E-Ham I think...or QRZ if you want to have a look, but all in all I like it.

Jeff

CDX 339

RadioActive

20040427_0100_eit_171.gif

</p>

One more thing I forgot to mention, you have to have 12 volt to use it, the Active peak reading circuit requires that you have 12V for it to read forward power...they include a wallwart to power it in the house, and there was a DC plug end in the box for you to wire your own DC cable for mobile use, but the wire/cigarette lighter plug is not included.

Jeff

CDX 339

RadioActive

20040427_0100_eit_171.gif

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.