• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 75-822 mod

Well, I got one myself, and tried the mod, but soon as I did it, the thing started making a loud screeching sound. It receives fine but this sound is now going on. I mean before people all say something it's like hey...It's a hobby. It's not like I'm going to use the radio for an fcc test. It's just more a thing to unlock the Easter eggs, so to speak, that come with the radio. If you're a responsible person, you probably don't even transmit on frequencies you're not supposed to. I don't. I don't think the act of doing the mod is against the law. It's just not to be an ass and don't mess with frequencies that are being used for other purposes. I can only speak for myself, everyone else...It's not any of my business. All that said, I wonder what the he'll I did to make the thing start squealing like that.

I see nobody has the answer to the 75-822 Rev 2 mod the board is totally different no jumpers. The question is can it be done I would like to get my 75-822 rev2 unit to do upper and lowers would appreciate the help . And if I figure it out I will be posting the information and photos on here so if you can lend a hand it would be appreciated . Thanks

I have a 75-822 rev2...and yes you can get ssb channels. Unlike gen 1 you can only get the side bands ,I understand the first one gave options for a few mods.
I'm not an expert,and don't blame me if you mess up your radio, but I did mine myself and it was fairly easy..I just want to help my fellow hobbiests with this awesome radio!!
Ok here's what you do....open it up, don't loose your spring! On the front board,you will have where your buttons are...I had to peel the rubber button piece off the board a little. Ok, located around where the "sc" and "dw" buttons are, are two small contacts very close to each other...about 1/8 inch apart.and very small. If I remember they are slightly hidden my the rubber button piece. Soldier these together. I just used a bit of solder and was able to link them because they are so close.make sure your contact is good.(if you can't solder, get someone who can do this for you) And that's it!!
Re-assemble and re-apply power( didn't mention it,but hopefully you did this already!) Your radio will now scroll through the normal 40 channels then the side bands. I hope this helps!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?