• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 75-830 pocket sized CB with 240 channel expansion

towerdog

one-niner-seven
Nov 18, 2009
NC
As far as I know this is the smallest CB handheld ever made that picks up all 40 channels, only this one I made to cover 240 channels in 6 bands of 40, 25.165 to 28.305. Extremely rare model, I think the FCC pulled the ticket because of a BOGUS rumor the unit could be jumpered for FM.

I wanted FM......so am selling for $100 shipped or would trade for something more useful.

I need more than anything new test equipment, such as 30mhz or higher o-scope, freq counter, signal generator, vswr/power meter for VHF UHF, etc.
Am also looking a small linear, mag mount siro or wilson 1000/5000, any imported 27mhz HT that has AM and FM capability, ham and commercial VHF and UHF radios, etc.

towerdog-albums-radios-picture2986-75-830.jpg

towerdog-albums-radios-picture2985-75-830.jpg

towerdog-albums-radios-picture2987-75-830-trc-206.jpg
beside another handheld CB.

POWER SUPPLY

FORGOT TO TELL YA I HAVE A 32 AMP POWER SUPPLY THAT I GOT FROM EBAY.ALSO A FAT BOY 180 TO 240 AMP LIKE NEW.3s.RAY.

From the factory maybe, but I have a modded Yaesu VX-2R that receives all 40 and then some and is as much smaller than the Midland as the Midland is smaller than the R/S Walkie Talkie. The original antenna is for VHF-UHF so it requires a longer, loaded antenna for 10m-11m.

VX-2.jpg

Sorry, I didn't realize this was in the swap shop area. :redface:
Unfortunately the Yaesu won't transmit on 10m-11m.

Sorry, I didn't realize this was in the swap shop area. :redface:
Unfortunately the Yaesu won't transmit on 10m-11m.
FAIL

.....actually they did make even smaller in the form of 1 or 2 channel under 500mw walky talkies.

75-830 has at least 40ch, with 4 watts carrier power. It is full radio not a childs toy.
Also overseas its the very similar to the K-22 made by Intek, Elix, and Hygen, but they also do FM.

Now that Fatboy amp, what drives it, does it use (2) 2290's?

Yeah, your, "Not a child's toy" line made me remember when I first saw the VX-2R and thought it was a Family radio or kids toy HT, until I was shown that it outputs 2w on 2m and 1w on UHF and has RX from standard broadcast AM up to over 900mhz with a simple diode mod. :eek:

You don't happen to have the cigarette lighter option for that Midland, do you?

Has the audio limiting been adjusted up or modded?

Sorry about the "FAIL" - I opened this from the NEW POSTS list and didn't notice it was in the swap shop. Hadn't had my coffee yet :oops:

Yeah the VX series is awesome although the chinese grey market is giving Yaesu a good run for their money.
All I have is the box and manual, guess I should have said it sooner maybe I post a pic.
However, as few of these were sold there seems to be alot of leftover accessories.

18830 vehicle adapter
Midland 18830 Mobile Adapter For Midland 75-830 CB Radio
18831 10 cell AA battery pack
Midland 18831 12 Volt Battery Pack For Midland 75-830 CB Radio

I doubt anything has been molested inside the radio, nobody bothers to adjust these although I did somewhere find a diagram showing which was adjustment for modulation, but it was written in Czechs which I am not very fluent in.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.