• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 77-115

stingray

Dec 12, 2008
Can anyone tell me the adjustment for power on this radio? I want to turn it down and cant find any info on the powe,r just channel and audio mods. Thanks for any info guys.

For non-SSB cb sets there is no VR pot for AM carrier. You will have to change some resistor values until it is where you want. You will probably end up doing a little swing kit cap and resistor mod.

For non-SSB cb sets there is no VR pot for AM carrier. You will have to change some resistor values until it is where you want. You will probably end up doing a little swing kit cap and resistor mod.

what about a cobra 29ltd? there is a coil to turn that will change the power correct? that is non SSB.

what about a cobra 29ltd? there is a coil to turn that will change the power correct? that is non SSB.

Sure; there are a few coils used in AM radios to tune the TX output. But I wouldn't turn any of them down to lower the output. That will just screw up the impedance balance to the transmit circuit. Bad stuff.

I agree with 9C1's statement. But finding that info out may be a bit of a search - or even a wait. Or; get it to a tech that has EXPERIENCE with this model/chassis.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.