• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Military walkie talkie.

Splash1

Jun 11, 2006
a freind of mine from the national gard who has since moved away gave me 2 walkie talkies..thier black with rubber duck antenna and a keypad with numbers on the front..i cant figure how to punch in different frequencies or what mode these are..i figure probly fm..anyone know anything about them....

beetle..no name or make anywhere on them..theres a plate on the back thats all basicly numbers....msn-01274-5063
rt-1594/prc-127
receiver/transmitter
22373/062-0118-00
daabo7-88-c-t025/''stamped in gray''15496-aa

there ya go beetle..now you know as much as i do lol..
besides numbers on the key pad there are buttons labled ,fcn..pri..ent..clr..and and star and pound button....
it has a twist on an off battery pack,volume ,squelch,16 channels with a digetal display....

will do moleculo..once the ole lady gets back.shes the only one who knows how to operate the damn camera thing.shes pretty handy but even she dont know how to run that walkie talkie,lol..

Hey, you guys a big help.

Reminds me that I have a vintage military walky-talky radio.

Mine is green and yellow. It has 4 channels and I bet it is AM and it has CW mode. It has a small round meter in the upper left corner about the size of a dime. The mode and channel controls are on dials that are mounted on the left edge. There is a small 1/2 dollar sized speaker that sticks out on the bottom roght of the front. The PTT is a flush rubber push button. The freq range is around 250MHz. It has a telescoping antenna that is probably a full 1/2 wave...

Any ideas? is it possibly valuable??? I was thinking of converting it to the 220 ham band. It uses crystals and the battery is about 2 "C" cells in parallel, but it's 12V.

Oh yea, it is all metal waterproof housing about the size of a 4-plug recepicle outlet, just a little longer in one direction.

Beetle,,right on spot..thats it..now all i got to do is find a manual..least now i dont have to post a picture..thanks..me and my wife tested these one night hunting for our dog who got loose..5 miles no problem at night.dog was home waiting when we got back..lol

Most U.S. military radios that I've seen have a model number that starts with "PRC-" C2, if you can find that model number somewhere on it, you can probably find some info on it.

Google is your friend, and Wikipedia isn't far behind these days!

JAN Nomenclature

The "PRC" would break down as "Human portable, radio, two-way communications". The numbers following the "PRC" indicate the model number, which is generally specified by a Military contract.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.