• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mirage 9900 talk back disable

T

TonyV 225

I just took a 9900 in on trade and want to put in a switch to disable talkback when not wanted. I also need to get an internal speaker plug with the pigtails or wire leads some one pulled off the wires and then lost them with the plug attached where do I get one I dont think any of my parts radios have them anymore. I am gonna straighten these minor things out before I send it out to have the sideband warble removed as these Mirage and Galaxy 88 99 are known for it. I knew what it was and talked to a tech at Galaxy and he confirmed my diagnosis it is a Oscillator problem but I found a place thats good with taking care of this. I had info on the talkback but cannot find it if I remember right it is the blue wire on the right side of the board that needs to be cut and an on and off switch needs to be installed but not positive I havent messed with one of these models in quite a while.. Any help would be appreciated thanks to all Tony....

</p>

Check to make sure D80 is not removed or clipped. Unhook one end of J15 and see if that disables TB when echo is on.

Rollingradios@aol.com

Sales/Service/Installation

National XFORCE Representative

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.