• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MIRAGE B1016

KJ4BAE

Aug 14, 2008
The other day i forgot my 2 meter amp was on and i tryed to hit a 440 repeater. I keyed up 4 or 5 times befor i noteced the amp was on.:headbang After this the amp started messing up and has now stoped working. Where can i get something like this repaired for a reasonable price?

The other day i forgot my 2 meter amp was on and i tryed to hit a 440 repeater. I keyed up 4 or 5 times befor i noteced the amp was on.:headbang After this the amp started messing up and has now stoped working. Where can i get something like this repaired for a reasonable price?
Depends on the brand and availablity of parts. have dummy load can repair.

You can also send it into Ameritron/Mirage/MFJ and they will repair it. I'd be willing to bet that it wouldn't be too terribly difficult to repair if you tried to do it yourself.

You probably just blew the final transistors on it. Did you open it up to look for any other "burnt" parts? Replacing the finals is easy, assuming you have a good soldering gun.

I did a little digging around and found that the replacement transistor you'll need is the 2SC2782. That amp uses a pair of finals, right? RF Parts has these for $31.75 each.

Thanks for the information Moleculo. One of the hams i talk to on 2 meter says he can fix it so i'm going to let him look at it when i get a chance. I'm in no hurry as i dont have the money to repair it right now anway.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.