• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile Co-Phase

any of the wilson trucker antenna's will do just fine. do not run the coax that come's with the truck they use a spilter box for the fm radio and cb. if you take the panel off where the air brake and trailer supply is and move the houseing that the air brake supply that's is bolted to the dash thats where the coax spliter is

just did a radio install in my father inlaw's frightliner couldnt get a good swr we had to run a new 75ohm cophazing harness and all went well after that.

good luck 73's

karo said:
freecell said:
SmackDown wrote:

"it's a 2000 Century Freightliner"
are you pulling a dry box or reefer/trailer?

karo,
i hope you didn't use 50 ohm feedline for that harness.

Well no I would not use 50 ohm for the entire feedling. Just 50 ohm to a T- junction then 75 ohm from the T- junction to the antennas.
and why would that be? Wm?

karo said:
freecell said:
because you can't properly match two 50 ohm loads in parallel using 50 ohm feedline. 75 ohm feedline in odd numbered electrical 1/4 wavelengths is required for proper current distribution and impedance matching.

Hey sleepwalker, what ^ he said. :p
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Thanks Wm!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.