• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My new amp

ken white said:
funbiz99 said:
all i have is a bird 43....i do not have the peak kit....i though this was explained on 1stop forum?

I haven't had anything explained to me yet... Though I have gleaned some insight into what the system is used for and how it is designed.

:?

The system is used for talking... As for the 1 Stop forum you have been talking to Fifty-Five and he has been breaking things down for you...

Skater

Skater229 said:
ken white said:
funbiz99 said:
all i have is a bird 43....i do not have the peak kit....i though this was explained on 1stop forum?

I haven't had anything explained to me yet... Though I have gleaned some insight into what the system is used for and how it is designed.

:?

The system is used for talking... As for the 1 Stop forum you have been talking to Fifty-Five and he has been breaking things down for you...

Skater

55 has been very upfront and I appreciate his comments, but I get the impression that the power system design is more of a trial and error than design for reliability.

My concern is about all of these claims of "Performance" that can't be quantified. As a side note, 55 provided details of a specific system that I am unfamilar with, but I do in fact know and understand power systems in general and I have not learned anything new in the general engineering area.

:shock:

This is one of the biggest problem I have... Some one reads something in a book and thinks it applys to all set-ups... I will tell you that I do not know everything nor do I pretend like I do... But I do know what I have seen and What I have done...

I agree that it takes power to make power and that everything has some type of loss... But on the same token you can not assume that everything is being ran under the manufacture's specs... Tubes and transistors are spec'd on a 100% duty cycle unless specifed... Bump the volts lower the duty cycle so things can cool down...

So for most things that are built in the CB style amps are made to be over-volted for some period of time... It is assumed that one will key for a little while then sit idle for a little while, if things are ran on the edge for an extended period of time then you will have failure, it is not an if but a when... Now if the same amp was run within the specs of the tube, I would bet it would provide a long life in service... and that is my .02

Skater

I am not just book smart...

:shock:

My comments/questions have been based on two specific systems operating at 25kW and 35kW++ in mobile applications and I am trying to figure out what is real and what is distorted (myth). I will also keep asking questions until my curiosity is satisfied, or until I don't get any answers, which ever comes first...

:)

ken

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated