• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My revised mobile antenna

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
I had a NICE tool box bracket with a brass/dylon(?) mount with a 8 ft Francis whip and after cracking the brake light lens twice, it had to go.
Now a Wilson 5000 mag mount. Did a test before removing the bracket and welding up the holes in the lid. No difference whatsoever in signal strength between the two.....receive, I couldn't care less. Both antennas matched in nice.
When HY ships my friend his Sirio 5000 mag that everyone here is raving about we'll tune it in on my truck and do a direct comparison.
Here is my antenna system.

001-4.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Psyco, I do not mean to hi-jack your thread, but how do you like your Ranger?
I have 2, a `01 and a `05.
The 01 has 216,972 on it and still sports all original drive train parts, the only thing that has been replaced from day one is the camshaft synchronizer , other than routine maintenance items like belts, hoses, and tires it is just as it left the showroom floor.
3.0 V-6 Flexfuel, 5 speed auto,2 WD, XLT extra cab

The 05 has 127,234 on it and has only had routine maintenance done on it, no failures of anything to date.
4.0 V6, 5 speed auto, 4 WD XLT extra cab, factory limited slip, 4:10 gears front and rear.
These have been very reliable little trucks.

Jeff

Psyco, I do not mean to hi-jack your thread, but how do you like your Ranger?
I have 2, a `01 and a `05.
The 01 has 216,972 on it and still sports all original drive train parts, the only thing that has been replaced from day one is the camshaft synchronizer , other than routine maintenance items like belts, hoses, and tires it is just as it left the showroom floor.
3.0 V-6 Flexfuel, 5 speed auto,2 WD, XLT extra cab

The 05 has 127,234 on it and has only had routine maintenance done on it, no failures of anything to date.
4.0 V6, 5 speed auto, 4 WD XLT extra cab, factory limited slip, 4:10 gears front and rear.
These have been very reliable little trucks.

Jeff

I have owned a few Rangers over the years. My first was a 1988 with 2.3L/5 spd.......that went 220,000 miles with ONLY routine maintenance. The A/C compressor was still original!!!! Timing belt every 60,000 miles and oil changes every 3000 miles. Sold it to get a 2001 Supercab 4.0/auto and the friend I sold(gave) it to put another 100,000 on it.
2001 was the first year the Ranger got the 4.0 SOHC 207 HP V6.....numerous noises with the timing chain tensioner but that was a factory problem. Finally got it permanently fixed and used it for 190,000 miles. Other than the radiator leaking, no problerms.
Traded the 2001 for a 2009 XLT Supercab with the DOHC 2.3/5 spd auto and it was a REAL nice redfire metallic paint. A driver in a 94 F150 not paying attention broadsided me doing
60 mph. Hit the bed towards the back and spun me around 2 times. Air bag deployed and I walked away. Safe vehicles too!!! The driver who hit me wasn't so lucky, he had serious injuries because of not wearing his seat belt.....he ran a red light.
I have a 2010 now and it has 30,000 miles on it and not one warranty problem.
I guess you could say I am happy with the reliability and it is an Old School truck which I like....not flashy but good for me.
I am hard to please when it comes to my rides, but I give the small Ford trucks a thumbs up. My Wife has a 2010 GMC Terrain with every electronic device known to mankind in it and has been to the dealership for repair after repair....never mechanical but electronic clusterf&cks. She wonders why I like my simplistic vehicles!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.