• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need 148 gtl expert.??

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
i have a 148 gtl philly made june 1993
i have change the final 2 times the driver 2 times and the pre-driver
also upgraded tr-41=am regulator with vr-10 wide open the radio only highes dead key is 4 1/2 watts. ssb is fine 15 bird watts on average
am 2 watts dead key swing bird average to 5 1/2.
vr-9=25milli amps vr-8=50 milli amps what else can i look for or change .???
thanks

Last edited:

have you aligned the transmitter stages for max modulated output?
L47, L48, L46, L45, and L38. in that order.
do not touch L36. it is the TVI trap.

set VR10 for about two watts first. then, while saying "AHHHH" into the microphone in a steady normal voice, adjust these tuning coils for maximum output using a plastic tuning tool.
never use a metal tool to tune the coils.
then set VR10 for the deadkey you want.
If its a 148gtl, VR7 is your modulation control which should be set after you tune the transmitter.
LC

have you aligned the transmitter stages for max modulated output?
L47, L48, L46, L45, and L38. in that order.
do not touch L36. it is the TVI trap.

set VR10 for about two watts first. then, while saying "AHHHH" into the microphone in a steady normal voice, adjust these tuning coils for maximum output using a plastic tuning tool.
never use a metal tool to tune the coils.
then set VR10 for the deadkey you want.
If its a 148gtl, VR7 is your modulation control which should be set after you tune the transmitter.
LC

thanks but all that has been done over and over on SSB now it does 20 average bird watts. on am 2 watts dead key swing average on bird to 8watts. but the still the highes dead key is still 4 1/2 everything else goes up except the highes dead key.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.