• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need a Service manual and schematic for President Zachary T

SMILEX2692002

Oct 26, 2011
Can anyone help. I picked up a old President Zachary T radio with the PC-198AA circuit board. The PLL chip says Uniden D858 on it.
Was wanting to do an alignment to the radio and check for bad or faulty components.

The final transistor is marked C2092.
The audio amp is marked NEC C1156H.
The audio transformer is marked Uniden TF-107.

Right now the radio is doing about 5 watts dead key to 10-12 watts pep with a stock mic. I don't see any cut or removed diodes or transistors so I believe the audio limiter is still intact in the radio. Everything else appears to be working correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The President Zack T. is exactly the same as the Cobra 89XLR. You can find the schematic and service manual for the 89XLR on CBTRICKS website. Also, the Zack T is in Sams CB122

For best performance, give it a complete alignment. Crank the AMC control (VR3) up all the way. DO NOT DEFEAT THE AMC. This will decrease performance. Increase the power supply voltage (VR201) until the voltage begins to drop when the unit is keyed up in transmit, then decrease slightly.
Change C204 to a 10000uf\50 volt electrolytic. Replace C119 with the cap you took out at C204. Replace C110 with a 15uf\35 volt electrolytic.
Don't bother with a power mike ... you won't need one now.

CB Tricks

CB Tricks . com would have it ...I have an old Zach that won't come on. Good AM radio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.