• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need help from the techs or anyone this is a dandy

T

TonyV 225

I aquired 2 Uniden PC 122 I have one working but the clarifer is cut and when the cover is off it sounds great when the cover is placed on it the thing sounds out of wack off frequency and clarifier does nothing??? what in tarnations is the deal with this???? I have one more to fix that one has no sound through speaker but has transmit audio on air and pa im thinkin its the adio trans or an ic or something. But I wanna get this other one off the desk and cant until thois cover thing is figured out Im pullin my hair out here HELP anyone!!!! LOL thanks Tony>>>>>

</p>

I had a similar problem to this with a different radio. With the cover off, it worked beautiful. With the cover on, it was wacky. In years past, I had seen similar problems to this with PC's, so I went with a hunch, and I was right. It turns out on my radio (I had picked it up used), one of the case screws was grounding out something on the board when installed because it was too long. I replaced it with the correct length and the radio had another problem. Something to check into....

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.