• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need help power cord pins for a Kenwood TS430S

jjk9

Jul 19, 2008
I just recvd this radio (TS430S); it came with no power cord. I purchased a replacement cord that came with the correct plug (2 were included with the cord); the plug has 6 holes which mates with the radio fine; however there are only 4 wires (2 red and 2 black; both fused) to insert into the plug. Would anyone know which holes the red/balck go into? The male receptacle on the back of the radio has 6 pins (I was expecting 4)... I'm afraid to put them in the wrong position. My understanding on the plugs is that KW standardized them later on to 4.... earlier radios had 6 pins. The back of the radio isn't marked at all ( hot or ground). I did recv the original manual and schematic but it does not address the pin layout at all.... Any help would be appreciated.

WHile looking at the BACK of the plug, oriented the same way that it plugs into the radio, the center pair are for ground, and the right pair are for +DC.

X-+
OOO
OOO

X=empty.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.