• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEED HELP WITH 2007 DODGE CARAVAN CB INSTAL

cottentop

Nov 21, 2008
the panhandel of WV
HI
Just got an 2007 dodge caravan and wonder if any one els has one and what set up you are running i was thinking of a 510 xl and tx 75 amp and eather a wilson 500 or wilson 1000 i like a 102 wip but have not seen a mount i can use and wife says no holes in her new car LOL :)

PS als maybe a k-40 on drivers side hood

id go with the wilson 5000 its only 10 dollars more than the 1000 and has better coax as most say . but the 1000 definately gets a lot of good words . if you get a good vswr with the mag mount and just dont want to drill a hole i say go for it . i wouldnt put more than a 4 pill on a mag mount though . could you talk that wonderful sweet angel of a wife of yours into letting you have a 4 mag mount and a preditor 10k ?? Kale has said some of the best performing 10k installs hes herd have been on mag mounts . better hurry though.........

I run a wilson 1000 mag mount on my mini van and if I can hear them they can hear me the radio is a grant xl with a texas star dx 250 every body tells me they heasr me every where i go all over ....with the 100 mag mount on the middle of the roof just watch out for low bridges ..73s

ive owned both the 1000 and 5000 only difference i noticed
was the 5000 has mini8 coax.and handles more power.id get the
wilson 1000.what ever ya decide on DONT moun t it on the hood.
center of roof most of the time is the best.

still need some help 2007 grand caravan

Hi ok i have all the radio stuff in pro510 in and a tx50 and wilson on roof but i want to run 12 gage wire from batt to radio and amp any one know where i can finde a place on the fire wall to run it inside with out drilling ??

Hi ok i have all the radio stuff in pro510 in and a tx50 and wilson on roof but i want to run 12 gage wire from batt to radio and amp any one know where i can finde a place on the fire wall to run it inside with out drilling ??
Try looking by the steering column. You should be able to slip your wire thru das boot. Also check by control pedals such as throttle and break. Be careful of the obvious hazards associated with loose and hanging objects by volitile control sectors. :confused:

I have no experience with that particular van, but have messed with a few before. Also contending with another 'newer' vehicle with about the same sort of problem, no convenient access points for things. I haven't figured out a really 'nice' way of doing that cable running that isn't a PITA in some way. So, why not just do it the hard way and get it over with, you know? Determine a spot on the firewall that doesn't really cause a bunch of other problems and drill a dang hole.
All kinds of "yeah, but's" with that, but really the simplest way of going about it. If you sort of 'over do it' to start with, you probably won't have to re-do it later if something changes. A really nice idea is to use some flexible tubing of a sort of 'generous' size to run from that hole in the firewall to some accessible point in the engine compartment. If you happen to need another cable run, thread it down that tube! It's a pretty good idea, but it sure ain't all that easy/simple to do, and there are some things you ought to think about with it. One of those 'things' is to 'cap' that tube on both ends, keeps undesirable stuff from getting inside/outside, sort of. Picking a tube that's heat resistant is also a pretty good idea.
You'll have so much fun you'll be beside yourself! Which is sort of a good idea, cuz you can send that 'you' beside you after stuff you forgot about needing?
- 'Doc

well if all ya gonna run is a uniden 510 id just use a cigerette lighter plug.or maybe
fuse pending were its at,for the amp keepnyour ground wire short as possible
and like others said try around steering wheel colum

HI
Just got an 2007 dodge caravan and wonder if any one els has one and what set up you are running i was thinking of a 510 xl and tx 75 amp and eather a wilson 500 or wilson 1000 i like a 102 wip but have not seen a mount i can use and wife says no holes in her new car LOL :)

PS als maybe a k-40 on drivers side hood

If that's all you're gonna have for a radio and amp, go with the wilson 500 or 100, a 5000 is too much for that little radio.

I've owned a few Dodge Caravans (1 is a 2003 which has the same body as your 07). And the only way that I and a few others at our radio club have found. Is to run wire from the battery thru the fender, thru the door into the passenger compartment. I use Spiral Wrap on all wires to protect them. Works great. One member uses the wire from the rear Lighter Plug which is 20 amps on Dodge Mini vans.

Here is what I run in a Grand Caravan and Crysler has a service Bulletin out that has a lot of usefull information on installing Mobile radios and Antennas and they say in it that a guy should to a hard install when it comes to mounting the Antenna and not to worry about the value going to shit when you drill a hole. I showed that to my other half and once she read that I was good to go and I'm glad I found that bulletin too.

I'm running a Mr.Coily Comp Antenna mounted about 12" from the seam on the back tail gate or the rear spoiler and I also used a Mr.Coily mount and used a Hank BreadLoves Brass Ball Quick Release Mount which makes it nice to have so you can drop that Antenna down in less than 30 seconds when you need to or get in the Garage with it.

For radio right now I'm running a Galaxy 99V with a Old School Messenger M1200 Amplifier and that set up really works nice with that van.

I also switched out the factory stereo and speakers with a Double DIN Kenwood Excelon DNX8120 DVD receiver with Built-in Navigation and Bluetooth. I also added a couple swivel headrest monitors and tied them into the Kenwood DNX8120 and installed 3 sets of the Boston Acoustic Pro 60's Speakers the fit perfect in place of the factory Infinity speakers, so when ever I sale the vehicle I can put the factory speakers back in.
I also added a couple Boston Acoustic Amplifiers a GT-4100 and a GT-475 and also installed The Infinity Bass Link 10" Enclosed Power Subwoofer that fits real nice behind the rear back seat that is only 5" deep and don't take up much room and with both of those set ups installed I don't have any problems at all.

Just make sure you take your time doing the install and don't cut any corners when your at it and you wont have any problems but I know it was well worth the hard work and it took me about 5 days to do the install and the van didn't move until I was finished. I started by removing all the interior which is easy to do everything just snaps inplace except the front seats and they were bolted down but easy to get access to the bolts. Then I removed the Headliner and that was easy to do also once I had the seats out and while everything was out and after I had everything installed I dyno matted the roof and sides including the doors and pillers and also did the floor before I put the carpet back in and what a difference all that made and really make the interior very quiet and you don't pick up any road noice or wind noisy like it did before that and I didn't think it was too bad too begin with untill after I did the install and was finished with everything and could tell the difference and I was glad I did all that because I would of never went back and did the dyno matt I know that. That is what I mean by not cutting any corners and it was well worth all the time and effort I spent doing the install.

I also upgraded the Alternator to a 250 amp Alternator and upgraded the Battery and ground cables to 4 gauge and re did all the grounds and added more grounds including all the doors and back tail gate too. I'm sure there was more but this gives you a idea anyways.

Cotton Mouth.

DSCF0450.jpg

DSCF0447.jpg

DSCF0445.jpg

DSCF0443.jpg

BIG THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP ON 07 CARAVAN

HI just wanted to thank all for help here is my se up pro 510xl 3.5 watt DK with swing going in to a tx 50 amp i am see ing a DK of 35 swing to 50 watt on a docy pm 1000 also my antenna is a k 30 mounted 8 inches from front roof rack cross bar as any closer made for SWR problems this set up is good for 10 to 15 miles and on a skip day i talk 25 guy's say it sound 's loud and clear and is not muffeled up close thanks also i used the back power port and tied in there at 20 amp all is good (y)

Hi Guys,

I realize this thread is OLD, but having just bought an 07 caravan.....I thought I'd share with you all what I found...
An EASY/Convenient place to run the wire is on the driver's side, where the hood latch cable goes through the firewall.
I did this last night to mount my Icom v8000 and it's a clean place to run a wire. (high up , too so no chance of water seepage.

Respectfully,

Jimmy G

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.