• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need help with d-104m6b

M

mac292oh10

i used it a couple of days ago and now it wont key up my radio,ive put different mics on the radio and it works fine,so im pretty sure the problem is in the d-104m6b.the mic is only 2 months old and has less than 2 hours talk time on it,so i would geuss the battery cant be dead by now,but it is a possibility.i opened the mic and every thing looks to be connected properly on both ends.just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what might cause this other than the a dead battery,thanks.

</p>

Open up the mic plug and make sure you do not have a broken wire. Just a thought.

pamdeansig.gif
</p>

Thanks for the reply.I've checked both the mic plug and the connections on the inside of the mic and nothing seems to be out place.I'm thinking there might be a short in a wire close to the mic plug or somewhere where its not visible.Does anyone know of a replacement cord or a real togh cord that would work,also is it easy to find a good mic tester?thanks for the reply.

same ole,same ole
</p>

Mac, do you have a continuity tester? If you do open the mic and the mic plug and check the continuity on all the wires. If they all check OK then stick one of the probes in the end of the mic plug and check each one of them with the other probe at the mic end. I am suspect of a cold solder joint. If every thing checks Ok there the go the the PTT switch, make sure it is closing when keyed, check this at the mic plug with the probe stuck in the appropriate plug holes, key the mic and see if it operates properly. If this is the problem let me know as I have an Astactic mic switch. If all these checks are positive then send it back, you have a lemon and not worth the hassles of repairing. Hope this helps.

73's

fasteddy

CDX765

Midland 79-290 export (2)
Imax 99 on the hilltop
President Grant (in the dump truck)
mid79290big.jpg
</p>

i wish i had one ,one of the infamous trucker cb shops out here might,my tech should have one but hes the only tech i trust for 50miles.thanks for the info ,im not in a hurry to get it fixed,it is disapointing tho,its hard for me to get back and forth between columbus and buckeye lake with work and everything or id probably had it fixed no doubt.thanks for the info.ill pass that on to my tech and ill keep you informed,thanks once again.

same ole,same ole
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.