• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need help with installing antenna on friends suburban ???

Jul 7, 2005
north carolina
someone please help me with this problem. on my suburban im running two ant. 1 hot, - with a bounce back set up. on my friends suburban is only going to have 1 ant. in the back, on the ant. mount after i hooked his center conducter to hot part on antenna mount & the ground part of his coax, to bolt on mount. then i tooked a piece of ground strap & grounded his mount from his two bolts that were left to each side of his suburban, on the edge that comes straight up,but stops just before touching the roof. then i go underneath & ground the body to frame, he keeps asking me is the right way to do it. i told him i've always done mine this way and it works great with 2 ant. , i hope i explained everything right where you guys that have subr's understand what im asking so i can let him read the replys. ( hope someone can help ) , thanks.. :?:

If the mount is grounded to the roof there should be no need for additional grounding but it won't hurt anything either as long as you keep your ground straps as short as possible(3' and under) as not to make them act as an antenna lead and the body to frame is correct and the amount of bonding points depends on personal preference.

You can never have too much bonding to ground, just don't create and ground looping.

thanks, i mainly groung the mount that way because along time ago someone told me it will help some with reflect ?? and it seems to help or maybe the kind of ant.'s im using helps. :?: ;) thanks-bw.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.