• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Screw Thread size-pitch etc.. Palomar SSB600 Radio

Onelasttime

Aug 3, 2011
I was looking for this info when I replied to an ancient 2011 thread about this radio. Usually if I am working on something it was new when I got it and had all of it's parts to start with. On the rare occasion something is missing it is usually a car or rifle I am working on and those tend to use parts I either keep on hand, can make or purchase easily. Usually well documented as well. So thanks for all your help I have been looking a lot online with no luck!

The only flaw with my cherry mint store display Palomar SSB600 is it is missing the 4 case cover screws. The tins slip over each other and 2 crews per side for a total of 4 screws hold the cover in place.

The ones for my President Lincoln are too small so are my PC122XL screws. The parts list I have for the SSB500 only lists them as screws no size is given and do not have parts lists for SSB600 but suspect it would be just as poorly documented as "screw".LOL

I was told Sams #284 had the info on the early model and the late model SSB500 and that the internals of the SSB600 match the info for the late production SSB500. The modern version of Sams Publishing I think it is only lists the SSB500 makes no reference to early or late production or the SSB600. It is only $15 but would love to know if I am barking up the wrong tree ordering it before I order if any of you guys have Sams PhotoFacts CB volume #284 and can answer that?!?!?!

Thanks for the help. I hope to have it done and re-boxed by Dec. 25th.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.