• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need setup help

Spanish Fly

Dec 6, 2008
Houston, TEXAS!!!
since i pull for a freight company, i am gonna be using a slipseat setup (galaxy 959 peak/tune/mod w/RK56 mic) since i am always in a different truck and was wondering what antenna, coax, and ext. speaker you would recommened?

Last edited:

I also work for a freight company and several of my friends use a 5 1/2 ft Francis 5/8 wave red or black fiberglass antenna, you can cut the fiberglass antenna down in 1/8 cuts until you get the lowest swr. The coax I would recommend is a heavy duty gray type with amphenol ends on it; don't be cheap on the coax or you will end up buying many more of the cheap ones. The mount for it would be easier to take on and off is a vise-grip one so you can take it on and off. The external speaker there are 2 really good ones, the uniden bearcat esp-20 or the cobra high gear. There is an Aries type flat style that is pretty good. If you need to save a little space on your slipseat box and are limited on space use the uniden bearcat esp-12(good 3 1/2 in) speaker. The esp-20 is a 4 in and is a really good speaker. I have built several slipseat boxes and they work very well. The only problem is if you have one of the small slipseat boxes like I had that is all aluminum and has holes for 2 4in car speakers and 1 4in external speakers. The problem is in this box the external speaker is right on top of the stereo head unit and I would recommend finding an old radio and using the external speaker on this one. If you have the all aluminum style box you will be better off if you put some sound deading material like hush-mat or something similiar. Hope this helps.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.