• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base New base antenna

RT431

In the swamp
Dec 2, 2018
Nebraska
I'm thinking about replacing the Imax 2k with the sirio tornado. I know some members have it and want an opinion how they like it how it holds up under extreme conditions. I live in the Midwest and it can get windy, not much snow but some ice and rain.

All opinions will be appreciated.

Reactions: 2RT307

Ive had the tornado up for about 4 years, tunes easy, no issues, hears great and low noise. Its been through a bunch of 80 mph winds and nasty storms and it has held up just fine. it will handle a bit more power than its rated for. Great antenna for the money, no down sides to it that ive come across.

Ran new coax with new pl connectors today. Checked SWR and well I guess it will have to do. Don't feel like taking the antenna down again. On 275550 1.0 and 273850 1.2. and 271550 is 1.5. not bad I suppose. :)

Reactions: walterjn and RCIGuy
Undertaker..I live in the northeast and have been thinking about that tornado, is it rugged? We haven't had severe winters for a bunch of years now, but like anything else that will change. I've been using a sirio 5000 on my truck, and am impressed, would like to get similar results from a base antenna. In your opinion, does it outperform the antrin and IMAX??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.