• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New HTs?

C2

Aug 3, 2005
Isn't it time for Kenwood to answer with a new HT? Icom has released some nice ones, I'd just like to see a little more in the Kenwood.

The TH-F6a is still tempting me though, even though it's about 7 years old now. if only it had 6m, there would be no question.

Anyone willing to hazzard a guess when Kenwood might release a new model (or even Yaesu)?

Although i have the new Icom 91 AD
as well as likely will get the 92 AD

i would like to see kenwood come out with something as well
yaesu you can keep in HT's....i never used one i liked (but that is me)

Well, you put another wrinkle in my quest, putting the Kenwood so far below the Icoms. The Icoms are just too much $ though.

Looking at the Kenwood line i see not much new products, they are pulling out of the amateur radio market fast.
Yaesu/Vertex sold to Motorola for an 80% part.
Not really good looking "improvements" ....

Kenwood hasn't really pushed the envelope on radio technology for some time now. The last thing I saw that I would consider on the "edge" of technology from them was their sky command thing. Wow, that really sold a lot of radios didn't it :unsure:

I'm just happy with our standard radio ops and am impressed enough witht he latest in HTs, it is just the comparison of which HT has what feature and realize there could be some additions to the current lineup. Not a big development effort for Kenwood or Yaesu either. D-star is probably the most significant advancement I've seen in a while, but not interested myself. Although, there may something I'm missing, most noteably, buy-in from the rest of the mfgs and ops.

The TH-F6a would be ideal if it had 6m with at least AM. Sideband would be great fun. All HTs would look better if they had a bit better receivers, but they are still impressive, nonetheless.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.