• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Installation

H

HCD729

I have 2000 Subaru Outback. I want to install my new Magnum 257DX in the dash under my CD/Radio. There's plenty of room there and that's not the problem. The real head scratcher for me is what to do about broadband operation in terms of an antenna. Firestik has a webpublication that says no one antenna will cover the bandwidth I want to cover-26Mhz to 28Mhz. I don't want to put a bunch of holes in the car. Firestik sells a 4 antenna package that has you changing antennas every time you want to go across the band. It doesn't sound like a lot of fun to stop and do this every time. What solutions have you guys come up with in this respect?

</p>

I have 2000 Subaru Outback. I want to install my new Magnum 257DX in the dash under my CD/Radio. There's plenty of room there and that's not the problem. The real head scratcher for me is what to do about broadband operation in terms of an antenna. Firestik has a webpublication that says no one antenna will cover the bandwidth I want to cover-26Mhz to 28Mhz. I don't want to put a bunch of holes in the car. Firestik sells a 4 antenna package that has you changing antennas every time you want to go across the band. It doesn't sound like a lot of fun to stop and do this every time. What solutions have you guys come up with in this respect?

</p>

I would think that the Wilson 1000 or 5000 would be broad banded enough for your purposes. Granted, SWR is going to vary at one end or the other, but they do match up very well.

Wayne C.

787 in VA

CDX-787<BR
SS3900TT

Magna Force 900

D104M6B

MR. COILY Single Coil

educate-01sig.gif
</p>

Hey!

Thanks Wayne. A base load or center load? I see you use Mr. Coily what about those?

</p>

Hey!

Thanks Wayne. A base load or center load? I see you use Mr. Coily what about those?

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated