• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Model 257 question

P

papa999

Hi -------

Thinking about buying one of the newer model 257's.

How is the new mod done.

Are they as good as, better, or not as good.

Are the ones at Ham Radio Outlet moddifiable to 11 meters

just curious

thanks

papa

</p>

Newer model? The only difference that I`m aware of between the older 257 and the newer one is the newer have an RF power knob. Other than that it should be the same radio. The mod for the 257 can be found here. www.radiomods.co.nz/albrecht485magnum257mods.html i don`t think HRO has the 257 in stock at this time. You could check with Bob` CB, if he doesn`t have them it only takes him about two days to get one. bobscb.com/. I`ve been thinking about getting another one myself with the SP-1a. Awesome little radio.

Main</p>

papa999

Had no idea about the new CPU, thanks. As far as Bobs prices go. Yup, he`s a little higher than most. But I have delt with Bob before and he does good work and provides great service. If your not getting the service then you didn`t get a bargain.

Bobby,

A delta force with an SP-1a? Wow. Now your talking.

Main</p>

I recieved my Delta Force from Rolling Radios last week and..........well........what a radio! It's a 257 with echo.......smoking echo! If ya want a Delta don't forget about Rolling Radios! Quick service and a helpful guy!

CDX 951
Rolling%20Radios.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.