• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Yaesu FT DX 3000 Transceiver at Dayton Hamvention 2012

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Yaesu is showing off their new FT DX 3000 transceiver at Dayton Hamvention 2012.

There is no info on the website yet, but this is what has emerged:

moleculo-albums-miscellaneous-picture3267-yaesu-ft-dx3000.jpg

moleculo-albums-miscellaneous-picture3268-yaesu-ft-dx3000-dayton.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Nice! Although, with their higher end radios, Yaesu seems to have a pattern where the rig's model number is almost the same as its price. Hope that's not the case here. :)

-Bill

Thats pretty cool but I to can only imagine the price. Although it seems to be a bit less extravagent the the 5000 and 9000 rigs. Im guessing this is going to be the medium rig between the FT-2000 and the FT-5000 so Im guessing $3,500 - $4,500

Yet another high dollar HF rig most of us will never be able to buy...................................:thumbdown:

That's might what i have been looking for, but maybe it would be more expensive than i thought. My Shack-savings is more like to go to Tentec omni vii.
My first impression of the Ftdx3000 is nice, i like the traditionally freq-meter and the LCD-screen in the left side, yaesu claims it is a compact powerfull HF transceiver, just what i want i my small shack. ARRL please make a review of it soon, because i kneed some more technical info, i considering it but maybe it isn't a rig to spend big money on.

As I understand it, ARRL won't review a radio sent to them by the factory. Instead they wait and buy one from a vendor as any amateur would and review that. The idea is to avoid factory "ringers". So it will be on the market a while before the QST review is published.

This will easily surpass the KW590....(I was NEVER impressed with that rig)
(Look around on the swap boards....for every 5 op's looking to buy one....10 or 15 more are trying to unload them)
The FTdx3000...(as I was told) will contain the same RX module as the FTdx5000d....

The TX section will be an updated FT-950....(I have one/it's excellent)....
Built (again as I was told) in the same cabinet as the FT-950....
$USD has yet to be announced....???
Somewhere between the 2000D/5000 contest....

Shipping will begin as soon as FCC clears it....
A select few have shown up in Europe????
I worked a guy on 15m few weeks ago....(He SAID? He had a BIG UK dealer's presale sample)
Sounded excellent with the 100D Mic...
I look for them to start shipping...maybe 90 days or less???
All the Best
BJ

Well: after probing around a little....Was told 90 days may be a little optomistic....on US shippments????....no units have shipped from HK or any where else yet....(again "as I was told")....
"Proof" production runs...."May have started"....
Egad!!!
The sources for "Gear" info are getting almost as bad politicians and New Car Reps.....;););) LMAO
All the Best
BJ

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.