• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Zealand From The Mobile

W

Whisky65

Friday at approx 2.45 (local Brisbane time Australia) whilst waiting to pick up my daughter from school I responded to a DX call from a New Zealand station.

We QSY'd to channel 34 and QSO'd for 15 minutes. His signal was 3 and 3. Mine to him was 5 and 7 both with some QRM.

Contacts name was Braydon. Braydon is 16 years old and wheel chair bound. I didn't have a pen and paper so I didn't manage to get his numbers. The kid loves his cars, which kid doesn't and he plays wheelchair Rugby.

I didn't think to ask him his operating setup I was too blown away by the wheelchair Rugby comment. If you've never seen it these guys really go at each other. They throw themselves and there chairs around with real abandon.

I'll be listerning out for him again.

Whisky65

CDX-065

</p>

Friday at approx 2.45 (local Brisbane time Australia) whilst waiting to pick up my daughter from school I responded to a DX call from a New Zealand station.

We QSY'd to channel 34 and QSO'd for 15 minutes. His signal was 3 and 3. Mine to him was 5 and 7 both with some QRM.

Contacts name was Braydon. Braydon is 16 years old and wheel chair bound. I didn't have a pen and paper so I didn't manage to get his numbers. The kid loves his cars, which kid doesn't and he plays wheelchair Rugby.

I didn't think to ask him his operating setup I was too blown away by the wheelchair Rugby comment. If you've never seen it these guys really go at each other. They throw themselves and there chairs around with real abandon.

Whisky65

CDX-065

</p>

Whisky65

CDX-065

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.