• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newbie Finds Something. What is it?

KennyW

Mar 10, 2022
Can't find any way to share an audio file. But, I found a signal that I don't know what to make of. Its 4 1 second bursts of what sounds like a STANAG tranmission, follow by the CW ID tone "TAH". And, its repeated over and over again.

I found it on 8430.94kHz, Mar-10-22 @0510GMT

Anyone want to tell this dumb newb what it is?

sounds like a navigational beacon for an airport,,, tah would be identifier,,,,
Not familiar with any aviation Nav beacons in that range. VHF air nav signals are 108 to 117.95MHz. And, I can't find an ICAO code of "TAH". Oops, I found an IATA code "TAH", its for an airport on Vanuatu. But, the non-directional beacon is on 398khz, and its Identifier is "WG".

Last edited:
I think it is ship to shore. The burst are some kind of synchronizing signal. The info I found on TAH is Istanbul, Turkey.

Reactions: KennyW

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated