• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Nice tech... turns down power, lies about it.....

R

RollingRadios

Many shops do this in hopes you'll come back looking for improvements, they sell you something or charge you again to tune your radio.

Rollingradios@aol.com

Sales/Service/Installation

National XFORCE Representative

</p>

i live near where bobs cb shop used to be... it was great having a first class tech in the neighborhood.. anyway, my magnum delta force had intermittent modulation, i ruled out the mic by duplicating problem with two mics, so off to the shop it goes... a co-worker does his business at a certain truckstop in central new hampshire, he swears by the techs, so i sent the radio to N.H... it comes back with the modulation problem fixed, and a writen statement on the power output... dead key 8 watts, swing to 25.. It did slightly better than that going in, but i thought it might be my meter.. I put it back in the slipseat box, the one WITH THE DIGITAL POWER/ SWR METER....... power it up.... low power is a mind boggling .8 watt... yes, point 8 watts... high power is now earth shattering 7 watts, with a 12 watt swing..... This chump turned down the power!!! I told the guy who brought it up there, he claimed to know nothing.. OK, maybe they made a mistake... until i talk to driver# 2, who sent a connex up for some minor repair,.. he heard me complain about my "repair" and told me his 25 watt connex came back putting out 5 watts!!!!!!!! ( he has a meter on his workbench, just decided to test it before putting it back in the truck... Anybody else run into a problem like this?? what is this tech, some kind of do-gooder saving humanity by turning down radios?? What a jerk.. I guess it's going back to Bob....

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.