• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NMO to UHF adapter

rixdafix

561 Missouri Mobile (WDX561)
Dec 19, 2022
East Central Missouri
20230106_093228.jpg
Since I usually run a larsen nmo27 I installed an nmo mount. When I mount the Sirio I have to use an adapter. The Tram adapter is pretty narrow and allows the Sirio base to overhang. I don't like that. I don't see any other adapters that appear any wider. Anyone else have this issue or possible solution? Thanks, Rick

Reactions: ForestRunner98

Good antenna choice!!!

Lose the Sirio gasket and make your own. I used some neoprene. Then wrap it with temflex tape going from bottom to top. That’s the waterproofing. After wrap some Scotch Super 88(same way) and your done. I also put a NMO gasket so the adapter doesn’t have to rely on that thin round gasket. Works great!!

9B66E824-735E-4A94-ABBF-614B0447ECE7.jpeg

Nice. Did you end up timing your whip at all?
Good antenna choice!!!

Lose the Sirio gasket and make your own. I used some neoprene. Then wrap it with temflex tape going from bottom to top. That’s the waterproofing. After wrap some Scotch Super 88(same way) and your done. I also put a NMO gasket so the adapter doesn’t have to rely on that thin round gasket. Works great!!

View attachment 61993
Nice. Did you end up trimming the whip because of the added height of the adapter? I'm at 1.0 on 1 and 1.6 on 40.

Reactions: ForestRunner98
Nice. Did you end up timing your whip at all?

Nice. Did you end up trimming the whip because of the added height of the adapter? I'm at 1.0 on 1 and 1.6 on 40.
Thank you!!

Ya you might want to trim it down a tad.

I bought a longer stinger so it can sit flush in the coil and trimmed it to resonance using a VNA to 27.205

You’re really going to like that antenna!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.