• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NOISE BLANKERS ON MOST YAESU

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Whats the deal on these?? Why is it that they seem to have no effect on electrical interferences?? I have seen it work in my 840 maybe 2 times for a pulse noise. As far as any other time it did nothing I have heard several other owners say the same about a few other Yaesu models??

TonyV225 i have no problem with the NB on my yaesu.Infact with my FT100D it's the best i have ever used. Also the IF Noise Blanker should reduce or eliminate MOST types of impluse noise bot NOT all noise.
73,Stu

I agree, the NB on my 897 works well.
Granted I have only had it Mobile half a dozen times.
Stu also hits on something "impluse noise"
That is what the nb is built for, there are lots of noise sources that it will not deal with.
If noise blanking is too agressive intermodulation distortion becomes noticeable when blanking is taking place and strong signals are close by , you have to find a happy medum.
Noise reduction is another way to deal with this, the 817/859/897 nr works fairly well.
What radio are you referring to Tony?

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.