• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Non-CT transformer with an Astron Reg Board.

Naysayer

Mar 6, 2020
New York
My homebrew 28v PSU died after I used it to to troubleshoot a 5v device. Should have known better but it's reason to do it better next time.

Now, I'm trying to pair an Astron VLS-35m (28v) board with a homebrew PSU effort. I'd like to avoid using Astron's 'CT as Ground' circuit for the higher voltage from a FW Bridge. Anyone see a problem with that idea? Astron's diagram shows 2 secondaries: 1 for the Reg Board & 1 for the Pass T's. I'm guessing I can use 1 winding for both but I do have another 30v (small) CT Transfrmr I can mount to wire CT's together if I must.

Anyone ever go this route by using a non CT Transformer with Astron Reg Board?
Why is there a heavy diode from Collector-Emitter on the Astron Series Pass Transistors? Over the decades I've always used Pyramid (they are made nearby).
Neil
N2EYE, NYC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?